For the latest news, publication alerts and debates, join our online communities:
The broad objective of Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management is to provide a forum for the publication of refereed, academic papers and more applied case study material in the fashion manufacture and retail sectors. The specific aims of the journal are to:
- provide a refereed forum for empirically based research in clothing marketing and management
- encourage the production and dissemination of rigorous academic papers addressing major marketing and management issues facing the world's fashion manufacturing and retailing sectors
- identify best managerial and marketing practices internationally and to promote their widespread use in the sector
- provide a regular review of trade, production, consumption and employment trends in various countries/regions
- expose concepts in fashion marketing and management to rigorous study and, where appropriate, to undermine widely held myths by presenting well-focused research evidence.
The journal's scope will encompass all activities covered by the management and marketing functions in the garment manufacturing and retail sectors (as opposed to fibre or fabric issues). The journal will seek to draw contributions from all over the world, recognising the international nature of the garment manufacturing and retail industries.
- Apparel innovation
- Brand loyalty
- Consumer decisions and shopping behaviour
- Manufacturing systems
- Market positioning
- Perceptions in the marketplace
- Piracy issues
- Pricing structures
- Product image
- Quality and performance measurement
- The importance of socio-economic factors
In the ever-changing world of the fashion industry, it is imperative that senior managers and academics in the field are kept abreast of the latest trends and developments. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management ensures that readers heighten their understanding of issues affecting their industry through the latest thinking and current best practice.
A subscription to the journal includes print and online access, and enables the reader to:
- Gain a clear understanding of new management techniques and concepts
- Compare the quality and price of international clothing supply chains
- Identify decision-making processes from consumer behaviour
- Evaluate the influence of socio-economic factors on the fashion industry
- Discover the theory behind the designs of leading fashion houses
- Implement strong branding to create a desirable product image
- Consider strategies for combating pirated products.
Key journal audiences
- Managing directors
- Marketing directors
- Business strategists
- Product/Brand managers
- Fashion buyers
- Fashion retailers
- Manufacturing managers
- Supply chain managers
- Academics and researchers in the fields of clothing, fashion and textile marketing; manufacturing & design, economics, quality, production and logistics.
Abstracted and Indexed in
- ABI Inform
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Management & Marketing
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
- Clothing & Textile Arts Index
- EBSCO (Business Source Complete)
- Electronic Collections Online
- Textile Technology Index
- The Retail Directory
- TOC Premier
- World Textile Abstracts
- Zetoc (British Library)
Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Marketing eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Marketing eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the
principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.